August 26, 2011

runnin' runnin'

tonight i went to the gym after a 2 day break. i didn't mean to not go to the gym but i haven't had enough time to go (i know, i know, excuses, excuses). so i made time after work to go work out.

tonight was a cardio kind of night, so i got on to the cross trainer, set my goal time, turned up the dubstep, and got to it. then, it hit me, i wanted to die. i was so tired and i had only been on for 10 minutes. so i had to clear my mind, listen to the bass of my music and go. and i did. when i finally looked down at the minutes remaining, i was at 5 minutes. THANK GOODNESS. i was so caught up in my music and everyone else at the gym that i didn't want to pass out anymore.

going to the gym has become a habit. and i must say that of all habits, this would be one to pick up. when i am at the gym i feel good, like i am doing something to better myself. it is my choice to be there, and i make the choice to work out. this is something that i am doing for myself. not for doctors or boys or anyone. i want this. i make the choice to get sweaty and have sore feet. it's worth it, and it will always be worth it.

things that i learned tonight:
-dubstep keeps me motivated and gets me excited
-once i am past the 15 minute mark of my cardio, it really is smooth sailing
-i can do anything i put my heart to

No comments:

Post a Comment