March 6, 2012

boo, i'm back

I must say that a lot has changed since September 2011. It's funny to look back and think that that wasn't even a long time ago, 5 months, wow!

I am now in Boise, ID and loving it.  This is my new home and I think that (if it's Gods will) I will be here for a while.  I love my classes and they are really challenging who I am and ho I want to be in my career.  I have a great job where I can listen to music, eat, and people watch, granted I'm stuck at a computer all day, but HEY, I do love people watching.  Living in a house with 6 girls is definitely new, but fun! I can honestly say that I have learned so much from these 3 months of being here.  The most important thing I have learned is that not everyone is going to like me, and that is okay.  I can't be everyones best friend, no matter how sad that makes me, it's life and as my suite mate says, "such is life."

I am happy to say that I have not gained the "Freshman 15" or in my case the "Sophomore 15."  And all I have to say to that is praise the Lord.  I am working out more and trying to eat semi-healthy, but this whole buying my own groceries and cooking my own meals thing is hard, hence the semi-healthy.

Also, I have been going to InterVarsity on campus and absolutely love it.  I found a Bible study and a church and am so blessed.  And recently I've been singing with the worship team, which I love more than anything.  Being around people who are so spiritually grounded is really important to me and it has been bringing me closer to God.

I also found a new house to live in for the next year! YAY!!! It was such a God thing and I am so happy!

I'm also going to be Maid of Honor in my beautiful friends wedding and CAN NOT wait until May!

Well I have a 7 page research paper due on Thursday and will most likely be staying up all night to get it done, this is college.

No comments:

Post a Comment